Monday, November 5, 2007

A Horse Tail

We were almost to the finish line. I could already hear the screams and yells of the press and family,

"Tory, you won!"
The crowd would be roaring and there would be camera flashes everywhere. My picture would be on the front cover of the Whidbey Record with a caption saying,
"Tory and her horse Sundance win the three lap race." I would be all over the school and the teachers would be awing over my remarkable performance. My mailbox would be full of letters from relatives and viewers.....I would be a star. We came rounding over the last corner in the lead of all the other horses, and I knew they could feel my glory. Hours of practice finally paid off, victory was mine!

* * * * * * *

It was two days after the horse race, and I was glumly sitting on my queen sized bed. After that race everything seemed dull, Even my favorite French Toast didn't appeal to me, it just tasted as lame as my victory. I didn't get it, I was ahead of everybody by at least ten feet and then that April chick sped by me on her stupid mule she calls a horse. Then she is in front of me, I could no longer see the victory and fame of my win, but two rear ends. Then April turns around and looks at me with that smug little pig nose face of hers and makes an expression saying,

"Look who's the loser now?" She crossed the finish line with me behind her in second. Now everything that I thought would be me..was her. She was in the Whidbey Record, she got tons of attention from the kids at school, and the teachers were drooling and awing over her performance.

"Oh April, you were amazing out there." About every teacher stated.

"Especially when you passed that girl....what was her name?"
It was crazy. The teachers were spending so much time talking about her, they soon forgot about every kids name but one, April, April, APRIL! At least the teachers didn't care about late assignments anymore.

1 comment:

@nthony said...

thats pretty cool that you got in the newspapper, i also got in the newspapper during the cross country season!! nice job in your race!!!! =)!!!!!