Monday, November 5, 2007

Chapter Two

Today was going to be another day of some old school, same old teachers, and same old classes. It also meant another day of humiliation. I can already see April's face as I pass by her on my way to math, her little nose squished up against her lips, and her small beady eyes fixed upon the center of her nose. It would make her look even more like a pig. The bus I was riding that morning jolted to a stop and I slowly got off remembering to thank the driver for the ride, (or else I would be on his list of suspected enemies) and headed toward first period. As I was walking toward the main building, a group of three girls were huddled in front of me trying to keep up with the moving crowd. They all had Hollister backpacks, and Abercrombie And Fitch shirts and pants, also known as preps. They were talking in low voices, and looking up every now and then to see who was listening. Fortunately I hid behind some people so they couldn't see me, and I happened to catch a word or two
"Oh-my-gosh" Said the blonder haired girl, "It must be so embarrassing to lose to a horse race, especially one against April." "Yea", said the taller of the two. "Sooo embarrassing." They all started giggling like a pack of hyenas, and walked into their first class.

*********

I woke up on my favorite day of the week, Friday. It was the one of those days when you can do whatever you want after a day of school. I could go to the stables, walk on the beach, draw, or do homework. I got out of bed and took a long hot shower until my mom came in in her extremely colorful polka dot robe and yelled at me for taking a "Marathon" shower. Hesitantly I got out, got dressed, and ran out the door to the car. My mom was eagerly waiting with an angry expression on her face.
"You need to stop taking long showers,"
She said in an agitated tone. "It is going to keep getting us late!" Trying not to listen I turned on my music, and just answered with a monotonous, yes mom. satisfied, she started the car and drove to school. Down the road we past the big towering trees with ivy hanging down like green snakes down the sides, constricting it until all the life was sucked out of it's sturdy body leaving only the skeletal figure. All the bunnies and deers scurried out of the way as our car descended the hill. I looked down where an eagle plummeted into the ocean below.

I got out of the car and indolently made my way toward the library. A good book would be a pleasant morning start. I opened the rusty, creaky, doors to the building, and struggled up the stairs with my 30 pound backpack. Then I saw a face that just ruined my morning, a face that made even the fiercest shrivel in fear, a face that makes you just want to throw up your lunch, then eat it back up again afraid that it might be your last meal. I tried not to look at the horrible looks she was giving me, so I went to the horse section in the library. April decided it was worth making fun of me so she shouted in her preppy, high voice
"Are you going to find the book how to win a horse race?" "If you cant find it, I'll help you!" Saying something back would just have her say another lame joke so I pretended to be reading "A Horse Of My Own" but really I was peaking at the hideous faces she was making at me. Being brave I decided a little dis wouldn't hurt so I shouted back
"hey April, don't you need a little pigtail with that nose?" By the look she was making at me I knew I was in for it. "Are you saying I look like a pig?" She said exasperated. "Yea" I responded in a bratty like tone "Or maybe you're a hog. April looked like she was a train about to explode with steam, her cheeks got all red and she started to mumble things under her breath like "Stupid freak, loser." I'm guessing the library teacher had her hearing aid in and heard our squabble. She hobbled over leaning on her cane and squawked,
"What's the problem?" "Well", the pig nosed girl sighed "Tory said I looked like a pig, then she called me a hog!" I could tell the librarian was about to burst
"YOU" she shrieked "WILL NOT BE CALLING NAMES!" "I WILL NOT TOLERATE THIS RIDICULOUS, PREPUBESCENT,NONSENSE!" "IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM TAKE IT OUTSIDE, THIS IS A LIBRARY, NOT A MAD HOUSE!" She took a deep breath and shuffled back to her desk piled high with books. "Well then." April said, shaking her head back pleased. "We will settle the rest at the barn.

5 comments:

horse@hrt/Marlee said...

I love this story sid!

Hannah said...

hey sid u need to finish the story soon... its so good.... ur a great writter, 2 bad i can't write as good as u. U r so discriptive!!!!!!!!!!!!

sidney said...

sid that is sooo good. bye the way, dont forget to turn in your journal!

Alexis said...

This is a really good story. I think its good because theres a lot of detail and it actually feels like you know that people. Your a really good writer.

Alexis

sidney said...

thanx