Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Chapter 3

The rest of the day was just a normal one. I ate lunch, hung out with my friends, and listened to the boring teachers. As I was listening to Mrs.Hue (or Mrs.Pue) drone on about why mammals can't fly, the bell finally rang and I rushed to the buses to go to the barn. I went up the dirt laden stairs and walked down the small isle filled with kids spitting spit balls at the bus driver, and teens making out and sat down in the back seat next to Marissa, who is one of the girls who go to the barn. Apparently she is really weak on the lower part of her body so her parents made her do horse back riding lessons. She isn't very good but I still acted like she was, even when her back was completely bent over on her horse and her feet are never down in the stirrups.
"Oh, hi" she said in her quite voice. "I was wondering if I could ride your horse today, my horse doesn't listen to me." "Well", I responded in my sweetest voice, "I think my horse may be a little to hard for you to handle." But I thought of a devious plan. "maybe you can ride April's horse, General?" I could picture her on him, her small skinny legs stretched over his sides, and her back bent over so her head was buried in his mane.
"OK" she whispered again, "That would be nice."

The bus came to an abrupt stop outside of the dusty road, leading to the barn. I bolted out of the bus and ran as fast as I could toward the stables. Today I would be doing dressage. I opened the stable doors and a huge whiny greeted me by my favorite horse, sun dance, (the horse I was leasing) I went over and gave him a huge hug around his strong, bulky neck. He stomped and nipped my arm in delight.
"Well that horse sure loves you!" I turned around and saw Carn, my trainer leaning against Sun dance's stall.
"Never liked anyone like that before" She said in her country accent. Carn handed me my saddle and bridle and patted my horses back
"Nice and strong". Marissa suddenly came in and sagged in the door, with the usual sad expression on her face. The twinkle in Carns eye went out like a shining candle that would never be lit again.
"What's wrong" the trainer cooed.
"Nothing" she whispered "I'm just tired." Sun dance was dying of anticipation so I put on the saddle and halter, and hopped on. Squeezing my legs to go, me and my noble steed trotted out the door.

Our group was warming up in the ginormous ring bordered with a brown picket fence. I cantered around the ring, jumped a few of the brick walls, and occasionally trotted around one of the barrels. I just jumped over one of the walls when April's Blue hummer came down the dusty road with dirt clouds poofed behind it. I could see her mom through the windshield. She had bright neon red lipstick, and way to much mascara on. It was blotted everywhere on her eyelashes, and scattered everywhere on her lower ones. Her eyes drooped like she hadn't slept for days, and dark rings were formed around her eyes like she had just woke up from the dead. They pulled up next to the barn door, and April strutted out of the car and headed toward the stables when Marissa bounced up to the ring on general. April's face was like she had just seen a ghost. She was as white as a blank sheet of paper, and her mouth was dropped open like a codfish. "Why is that stick on my horse?" She said under clenched teeth, eyes bulging. "I thought I should ride him today" spoke up Marissa. "My horse has been acting up lately, so I thought I should ride him today because he is really good with you."
"Well" exclaimed April,
"I guess that is to bad because I am riding him today, and you are NOT!" She screamed at the top of her lungs. I could tell Marissa was about to cry, water started to swell up in her eyes, and her glasses were getting all fogged up.
"OK" she exclaimed and she hopped off the horse and dragged toward the barn.

2 comments:

Hannah said...

sid that is soooooooooooo good. i cant wait till u writ e the next chapter. you should actually make this a book, IM SERIOUS!!!! if u do i am totally gona read it.

Habibi :) :P :(|) :D

sidney said...

thanks habibi!