Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Sun Dance was doing great for the rest of the lesson, he trotted, cantered, and even walked better than all of the other lessons before. Marissa was on her usual horse Dulcy, but she was giving her to many mixed signals for her to obey correctly. April was OK, but General tripped on the trot and that got her steaming, I swear I could see a little smirk on Sun Dances face when April dismounted her horse and stomped toward the stables shouting,
"I give up!" how immature.
"All right girls, I now want you to canter, but keep plenty of space between you and the other horses", said Carn trying to keep her mind off of Aprils childish tantrum. I put my right leg back on Sun Dances barrel and kissed the air. He picked up a faster gait, and soon we were soaring. I felt like I was floating in midair, the sun was glistening on his mane, and wisps of moisture was floating out of his nose like smoke.
"Now I want you to walk" I pulled back on the rains gently, but firmly and his hooves were now a slow, and more steady beat.
"Good job Tory" cheered carn
"Nice work on the gaits." I smiled proudly and rubbed my horses neck. I noticed his stride was more pronounced, and his head was held up high.
"Alright" said carn again
"It's time to jump!" We turned around, and trotted to the walls, I could feel the surge going through Sun Dance, building up like an eagle about to soar. Finally we came to the wall, and we took off.

No comments: