Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Chapter Five

We landed the jump perfectly, we went so high I thought we were flying. Sun Dance was obviously proud to, he whinnied and shook his head back and forth excitedly.
"Well I'll be, you sure are a piece of work on that gelding, keep up the good work!"
The rest of the lesson was jumping and more dressage. Almost every little thing I did, Carn became more and more impressed. By the end of the lesson she was speechless. our group dismounted our horses, and led them back to the stables, April had already left. I led Sun Dance to his paddock, and removed his halter and bridle. He greedily drank the cool water I had filled before the lesson in his green tub, and gave him a fresh batch of hay. I gently brushed his bay colored coat, and reluctantly picked his mud caked hooves. Finally done, I kissed his muzzle, and closed the paddock door, when I found Carn walking toward me with a big ear to ear grin. She pointed a finger at me and laughed with her country accent which sounded more like a donkey nee haw.
"You are one amazing girl Tory, you have improved a great amount and I want to award you for that. And besides, this class is to easy for you." She handed me a slip of paper with days and different times on the front, and a small picture of two horses in the corner. I suddenly realized what she was trying to tell me.
"You got private lessons with me now, Tory. No interuptin, and no tantrums", she exclaimed jokingly.
"Just you and me."
She waved goodbye and walked down the cozy barn isle, and to her house next door.
"Oh!, and I forgot", she said over her solder
"Call to confirm, just in case. And you be good now, ya hear!"
"OK" I yelled back, but she had already closed the barn door. Exited, I said one last good bye to Sun Dance, and ran out the other door. My mom was waiting in the car, and I hopped in.
"Well you look mighty happy sweety, what happened?" She turned the car around and drove up the dark driveway, and into the night.

2 comments:

Hannah said...

Hey Sid, I love this entry! I like it because it is so descriptive. It is almost like I am standing there watching the whole thing.

Good job,
Hannah! :) :P =) =P

sidney said...

thanks habibi :)


~Sidney~